Since my dad is a flight attendant, Brian and I use his buddy passes (which saves us a lot of money) and the girls are considered lap children. So since we use buddy passes, we fly stand-by which is not a big deal but with kids, its a little hard. So we get to SLC airport an hour early, go through security fine and finally reach our gate. I go to check-in at the desk and I was told that the flight is full, so unless the other stand-by passengers don't show up we probably wont be able to get on! I started to stress out at that moment. She then calls me up and asks if we are willing to spilt...meaning if we would take separate flights and I told her we couldn't. So literately 2 minutes before the flight leaves she tells me to go to the gate next to us and see if they have any seats open. I go and check and they have two left going to long beach ( we were originally suppose to go to LA). In 2 minutes we had to take the girls out of the stroller (they both were asleep), drop that and the car seat off and grab our seats. We barely made it! Once we landed in Long Beach, I then realize that since we were suppose to go to LA, our luggage was in LA and were in Long Beach. So as exhausted as we were, we had to drive to La and get our stuff. What a morning that was.
So that was going to California...
On our way back home was another adventure.
Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:15 am, so I had set my alarm at 3:15 to leave by 4:00 am. Come to find out my alarm was set for Thursday instead of Monday and we woke up at 4:00. I have never seen the four of us be ready and out the door in less that 30 minutes. On our way to the LA airport we get lost. We get there at about 5:20 and get to the kiosks to print our boarding passes. For some reason the kiosk could find Brian's ticket. So we had to wait for someone to help us (and the guy that did was the meanest and rudest person ever). That took forever. We rush through security and run to our gate. I go to check in and was automatically told the flight is full and that we cant get on this flight but to try for the 7:30 flight. The 7:30 flight was delayed to 8:00 but thank goodness we got on. I have never been so happy to be in Utah or to be home!!
But even with all that we had a wonderful time with family!
On Friday we all went out to lunch then since it was beautiful day we decided to go feed the ducks. Sophia loved it!
![]() |
| my grandma, mom, brother and us feeding the ducks |
![]() |
| these ducks were not affraid to get close...Sophia loved it |
![]() |
| she was so happy |
![]() |
| the girls with their grandma and great-grandma |
![]() |
| Sophia with her uncle Brandon |
Then we went to the Long Beach Aquarium to see the shark lagoon.
![]() |
| fearless little girl |
![]() |
| the big sharks |










No comments:
Post a Comment